Thursday, June 14, 2012

First night in denver!


On vacation in the beautiful Denver, Colorado with some of my closest friends and I couldn't be happier as I write this with a mimosa in hand. We drove all night through to get here and napped most of the day but in the evening we explored some of the popular places our friends here like to go. The first place we went to was one of Denver's best new restaurants called Pinche Tacos. It used to be a taco stand but has developed into a sit down place.

You buy your tacos a la carte, but there's also an impressive drink menu and appetizer list. We got guacamole (amazing) and some happy hour margaritas to start off with. I ordered 4 tacos (i am a pig), a steak taco, a fish taco, a shrimp taco, and a tongue taco. The tongue taco, lengua I think, was my absolute favorite with a honey chipotle sauce, I would go back for like 5 more. The tacos ranged from $3 to $4 so overall very decently priced.




 After we stuffed ourselves with tacos we visited a bar called The Thin Man. This bar featured different flavored vodkas they infused themselves. With flavors like basil, cucumber, apricot, and iced tea, I chose a mango mint vodka paired with soda that was awesome and only $5. It was a really cute ans intimate bar that was decorated in what I like to call "jesus art".


After a drink we went back to our friends' townhouse to drink, ahem, more. We learned that on wednesday nights, Denver has this bicycle bar crawl where bicyclists visit different bars and eventually end up at the amphitheater where they ride bikes in a huge circle with music and costumes. Like nothing I had ever seen before. By midnight though we were pretty exhausted and ready for sleep. This morning I cooked breakfast for the gang and today we're headed to a Rockies game. Can't wait to see what other shenanigans we get ourselves into!




No comments:

Post a Comment